Windsong: Cleveland's Feminist Chorus

A blog about the adventures we have with Windsong, Cleveland's Feminist Chorus

Monday, June 19, 2006

Last Day

I can't believe how few pictures I took, but I finally got a few yesterday. Tech rehearsal started at 9 am yesterday morning. We all were wearing our concert dress. As soon as I walked in, Midge found me and presented me with my payment for saving The Song of the Dying Amazon, a large bar of Ghiradelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight, with 72% Cacao! I thought the awesomeness of the occasion merited a photo.


Yes, it's blurry-- I had the camera on the wrong setting--oh well. At least you get an idea.

The fact that I was not singing in the Orange chorus with the rest of Windsong was an advantage from a photographic standpoint. Here is a panoramic of the ensemble. There were at least 100 singers. See if you can pick out the Windsingers! (Hint: click on the photo for a larger image.)

The performances went stunningly well, I thought, especially considering that many singers had never seen the music before Friday afternoon. I did get to sing with the Purple chorus. Afterwards, Ubaka and her San Diego drummers had most of us dancing in the aisles until lunch time.

Then it was off to the beach BBQ party! We had a BBQ pavillion, a drumming circle, brilliantly sunny weather with a coastal breeze, and much enjoyable socializing. Groups that had memorized their songs even sang them, much to the delight and pride of all of us. Here's a pic of the drumming circle:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home