Windsong: Cleveland's Feminist Chorus

A blog about the adventures we have with Windsong, Cleveland's Feminist Chorus

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I've Been Humbly Beseeched

I was at the BBQ dinner about an hour ago sitting on the ground outside with some Windsong friends. (There weren't any tables so I moved so someone else could have a chance to sit on the railing.) Someone said Midge Stocker, who is in charge of the mass chorus stuff, wanted to see me.

The Orange chorus song The Song of the Dying Amazon has a harp part which I played yesterday since the harpist didn't show up until after the rehearsal was over (!) Well, evidently she was there today. I missed it because I was with the Purple chorus, where I'm playing for one of their songs. The harpist is a folk musician who doesn't read music. Even with the conductor right in front of her, she couldn't seem to find the downbeat ever. Long story short, she got fired.

Midge found me, kneeled on the ground in front of me, and said, "I've come to humbly beseech you and ask your assistance on the Song of the Dying Amazon."

I said, "Well, I'll consider it if there's dark chocolate involved, preferably with at least 70% cocoa solids." Much to the cackling amusement of all within hearing! Oh, it was great. She said she'd see what she could do. This will make tomorrow mornings tech rehearsal logistics challenging, since I can't be at two places at once. She said she'd be happy even if all I can do is show up on stage. Of course I said yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home